Consumer Credit Licence

Firms must be authorised by the FCA, or have interim permission, to offer consumer credit. Firms authorised under the Consumer Credit licence can offer services that include issuing credit card, credit brokers, payday lenders, log book lenders, peer-to-peer lenders, pawnbrokers, and debt management and debt collection firms.

There are two categories of permissions. Whether you need to apply for limited or full permission depends on the regulated activities your firm will carry out.